- Summer Concert Series: Held select Wednesday evenings throughout the summer in Walton Park.
- Summerfest: Oakdale’s annual community celebration, held in the third week of June (Thursday through Sunday), in Walton Park. The event features a parade, fireworks, musical entertainment, food vendors, carnival, 5k/10k, coronation and medallion hunt.
- Safe Summer Night: Held the first Tuesday in June in Walton Park. Join the Oakdale Police Department and your neighbors for a fun and safe evening in the community.
- Night to Unite: Held the first Tuesday in August. To register your event, complete the Night to Unite registration form.
Summer - Fall
- Oakdale Farmers Market: Held Wednesdays from 2-6 PM, June through October, in Walton Park. Purchase locally grown products that promote healthy lifestyles, while sustaining local agriculture in Oakdale.
- Touch a Truck: Held in September in Walton Park. Kids of all ages can experience big trucks up close. Dozens of vehicles are on hand for children to climb, touch, and sit in. Great photo opportunities!
- Family Fun Flatables: Held in September in Walton Park. Inflatables for all ages, plus music and concessions available for purchase.
- Flashlight Pumpkin Hunt: Held the last Thursday in October from 7-8:30 PM, at the Discovery Center. Search for pumpkins under the stars in the Oakdale Nature Preserve. After the hunt enjoy chilling refreshments, family DJ, bonfire, spooky entertainment and ghoulish games.
- Art Discovery Fair: Held the first weekend in November at the Discovery Center. Featuring a variety of local artwork and crafts available for purchase including paintings, photography, woodworking, jewelry, pottery, and more.
Fall - Winter
- Indoor Market: Held Saturdays from 9 AM – 1 PM, November through March, at the Discovery Center. Featuring more than 20 local vendors offering a unique variety of items including baked goods, jams, cheeses, meats, canned goods, salsas, jewelry, micro greens, and more.
- Firetruck Santa Visit: In December, Santa plans a special visit to Oakdale, traveling through town on a decorated fire truck making several stops along Hadley Avenue.
- Winter Wonderland: Held the third Saturday in December at the Discovery Center. Featuring horse-drawn hayrides, petting zoo, meet and greet the dogs of winter, bonfire with s’mores, holiday craft station, candy cane hunt, holiday face painting, holiday Santa train, and a snow obstacle course.
- Indoor Garage Sale: Held in March at the Discovery Center. Find everything from children’s clothing and toys to housewares, collectibles, tools, books, and more.
- Mystery Egg Hunt: Held every spring in late March or early April, at the Discovery Center. Featuring an egg hunt, games, refreshments, crafts, face painting, petting zoo, and prizes.