All building and related permits ensure that projects will be constructed according to nationally recognized standards. The standards are designed to protect buildings from collapse and fire, and to ensure the safety of all building occupants. Review of permit applications also ensures that projects meet zoning requirements, such as yard coverage, setbacks and building height.
A selection of permits, such as residential plumbing, mechanical, and window replacements can be issued at the time of application. Other residential and commercial permit applications may take up to five working days or more to process. Applications for permits should be submitted well in advance of the scheduled starting date. This will allow time for City staff to offer assistance through the process and issue permit at the start of the project. This is especially true during the summer construction season.
Please return completed applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 651-730-2820.
Roofing and Siding Permits
As of November 28, 2022, roofing and siding permits are now being done via an online permitting process. Visit our online permitting page to set up your account and begin the permit process.
Anyone who comes to City Hall to complete a roofing or siding permit will be asked to create an online account to begin the permit process. A computer is available for use at the permitting counter.
Online Permitting Transition
The City of Oakdale is currently working toward a transition to online permitting for all building permits. The change to the new system is expected to take place on Monday, February 6. Additional information will be provided on this page when the transition is complete. After this time, all building permit applications must be completed online. In-person, paper applications will no longer be accepted.
For questions, please contact the Building division at 651-739-5150.
Permit Applications and Related Documents
- 2023 Fee Schedule
- Backflow Preventer Device and Test Application (PDF)
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Commercial Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Commercial Parking Lot Application (PDF)
- Deck Supplement (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Driveway Application (PDF)
- Electrical Application for Contractors (PDF)
- Electrical Application for Home Owners (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Fees (PDF)
- Fence Installation Permit (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler / Alarm Permit Application (PDF)
- Grading / Filling Permit Application (PDF)
- Lawn Sprinkler / Irrigation Permit (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Installation Permit (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Owner Electrical Permit Disclaimer (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Storage Tank Installation/Removal Permit Application (PDF)
- Structure Relocation Application (PDF)