Advisory Boards & Commissions
Serve on a Board or Commission!
Are you interesting in participating in local government? Serving as a member of a board or commission offers you an excellent opportunity to be actively involved in your community and a great way to share your ideas.
The City of Oakdale has over 40 volunteers serving on five advisory boards and commissions. Advisory boards and commissions generally meet only one evening each month. Members advise the Council on various projects and, at times, make recommendations for its consideration.
|Economic Development Commission||Promotes strengthening the financial base and continued
economic growth of the community and enhancing the quality of life for all Oakdale residents.
|Environmental Management Commission||Promotes the orderly disposal of solid waste and
promotes recycling, composting, water quality, wetland conservation, air quality, tree preservation, and
|Parks and Recreation Commission||Promotes matters affecting the development and use of parks
and recreational facilities in Oakdale.
|Planning Commission||Promotes matters affecting planning, development, and redevelopment.|
|Tree Board||Promotes tree preservation, maintenance, and planting.|
All meetings are held at Oakdale City Hall, 1584 Hadley Avenue.
Chairpersons: $17 per meeting attended; Board and Commissioners: $15 per meeting attended.
Applying for Appointment:
- Please complete the Advisory Board and Commission application online or
- Download the Advisory Board and Commission application (PDF) and return to the City Clerk, City of Oakdale, 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale MN 55128.
- When vacancies occur, applicants will be contacted to schedule an initial interview with city staff and then with the city council
- Following interviews, appointments will be made at a regular city council meeting
- Appointees may be appointed to a one-, two-, three-year, or other term.
- Appointees are invited to, and expected to attend, new member orientation by the respective staff liaison.