Home Stretch Homebuyer Education
If you’re planning to purchase a home, completing a homebuyer education course is a great place to start. Your advisor will teach you about the process, answer your questions, and help you make smart decisions. Homebuyer education is available through in-person or online classes. Visit the Homeownership Center website.
Start Up Loans & Other Minnesota Housing Homeownership Programs
Make your dream of homeownership a reality with help from Minnesota Housing and the City of Oakdale! Whether you’re a first-time buyer, repeat buyer, or want to refinance, there’s an affordable Minnesota Housing program that’s right for you.
Why choose a Minnesota Housing loan?
- Exclusive 3% down conventional products with low or no mortgage insurance options
- Down payment and closing cost loans up to $15,000 for qualified borrowers
- Low, fixed interest rates for the life of the loan
- Purchase and refinance options for first-time and repeat homebuyers
- Works with industry standard products including Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA), Conventional and Rural Development
Eligibility requirements vary based on program. Visit the Minnesota Housing website for current information, including:
- Homebuyer education requirements
- Home cost limits
- Income limits
- Minimum credit score
Next Steps: Contact a participating lender.
Two Rivers Community Land Trust (TRCLT)
TRCLT is a private nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide permanently affordable housing for low and moderate income individuals, families, and households in Washington County. Visit Two Rivers Community Land Trust website.