The City of Oakdale recently launched the first-ever Oakdale Seasonal Photo Contest. This is an opportunity for residents to show off the City from their perspectives. The contest will take place for each season with three winners chosen by fanvote on social media. Photographers of all ages are encouraged to participate. The top three photos will be featured in the Oakdale Update newsletter, on the City of Oakdale website and on social media platforms.
Fall Contest Winners
For the Fall 2022 contest, all photo submissions were considered regardless of category. Six finalists were selected for a Facebook page Fan Vote. The top three winning photos for Fall 2022 are (listed in alphabetical order by last name):
- "Tree Details" by Kaylee Johnston
- "Sunset" by Kelly Marie Lis
- "Reflections" by Tim Kemper
Winter 2023 Contest Timeline
- February 1 to 28 - Photo submission period
- March 13 - Finalists announced
- March 13 to 31 - Fan voting period on City of Oakdale Facebook page
- April 6 - Winners announced
All photos submitted will be considered together. Photographers are encouraged to submit photos that include nature, wildlife, people, places, activities, landmarks and anything else that showcases the City of Oakdale.
Judging and Recognition
- Finalists will be selected each season by City staff.
- The finalists will be posted on the City of Oakdale Facebook page for a fan vote.
- At the end of the voting period, the top three photos with the most "likes" on Facebook will be the winners.
- Winning photos will be published and promoted in City publications including the Oakdale Update newsletter, the City of Oakdale website and social media platforms.
- Winners will also receive a gift card.
- All photographs submitted will become property of the City of Oakdale and may be used in both print and digital publications.
- All photos must be taken within Oakdale city limits within the last three years.
- All entries must be the work of the individual submitting the photo and are limited to Oakdale residents only. Photographers of all levels are encouraged to participate.
- City employees and family members are not eligible to participate.
- Photographers may submit up to six photos per season of the contest.
- Photographs may be taken in black or white. Minor digital enhancements are allowed, but images with significant modifications will be disqualified. Photos with watermarks or logos are not permitted.
- If photos are taken in a public space (i.e. park, street), there is no need for a photo release of identifiable people. However, if a photo is taken in a private location with identifiable people, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the photograph.
Submit a Photo
All submissions must be submitted digitally. To submit a digital photo, complete the online photo contest submission form. One submission form must be completed for each photo submitted to the contest. Photos need to be at least 1 MB in size with a resolution of 300 dpi.
If you are having issues with the online photo submission form or have questions regarding the submission process, please contact Sara Quinnell: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-730-2731.