Property and Assessment Verification Request
To receive a written response itemizing all outstanding balances that relate to a particular property within the City, or for more detailed information than what is available on the City's website, a formal special assessment records request is required. A written request for search and retrieval of records is initiated by completing a Property and Assessment Verification Request Form. Follow the instructions below regarding the online services platform to complete your request.
- Requests must be submitted using Oakdale’s online services platform.
- Fees must be collected before staff will begin the record request.
- Response times are typically three business days, although city staff will work diligently to process requests as quickly as possible. Companies and individuals should not expect a same-day turnaround for information. Plan your business needs accordingly to allow for staff to respond to your request for information.
- Please follow up with all other taxing jurisdictions (including Washington County and relevant watershed district) to identify any other pending or levied assessments.
NOTE: As of close of business (4:30 PM) on Thursday, February 2, the online form for property and assessment search will not be available. We are preparing our platform for launch of our online building permits on Monday, February 6. Please check back then for updates and to complete applications. For questions, please call 651-739-5150.
Using the Online Services Platform
To request a property and special assessment verification report, follow the instructions below to utilize the online services platform:
- Navigate to the online services platform and select "Apply Online" on the form. Create an online account if you do not already have one.
- Complete the form.
Creating an Online Services Account
How to Sign Up:
- Navigate to the online services platform.
- In the upper right corner, click "Log In" and select the blue button that says "Sign Up Using Secure Portal."
- Enter an email address and create a password that meets the criteria: 8 characters or more, 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 digit
- Click "Log On."
- You can then proceed with completing the request. You will be prompted to complete your profile.
There are three options for payment:
- Credit card via the online services platform
- In person at City Hall: 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128
- Mail to Finance Department: 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128
To pay online:
- Click on the link in the email indicating payment is ready.
- Log in to your online services account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the online payment process via credit card.
NOTE: Online processing fees apply for credit card payment.