Oakdale, Minnesota (current population: 28,315) is currently accepting applications to fill the position of a temporary Mechanic for its Public Works Department. Duties include: performing maintenance and repair of city vehicles and equipment, performing and diagnosing complex vehicle and equipment issues, and overseeing preventative maintenance to city vehicles and equipment.
- Perform skilled work in maintenance and repair of heavy and light vehicles and equipment, including fire department vehicles.
- Test, service and repair vehicles and equipment.
- Perform tune-ups, adjustments, and oil changes.
- Operate diagnostic instruments and a variety of hand, electric, and air-driven tools.
- Provide emergency field assistance to disabled vehicle and equipment as needed.
- Assist other divisions of the Public Works Department as needed.
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License with air brakes and tanker endorsement with a driving record that is acceptable to the city’s insurance carrier.
- DOT Commercial Vehicle Inspector Certificate.
- ASE Certification.
- A minimum of one year of experience as a mechanic.
- The ability to respond to after hour callbacks and return to the city within 30 minutes.
- Must have own tools.
- 2022 Pay Range: $34.52 – $43.15 per hour
Open until filled. Interested candidates must submit a standard City of Oakdale employment application, cover letter and resume. The City of Oakdale application can be found at https://www.ci.oakdale.mn.us/249/Employment-Opportunities
Holly Wilson, Human Resources Director
1584 Hadley Avenue North
Oakdale, MN 55128
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer