Oakdale, Minnesota (current population: 28,315) is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Communications Specialist. Under the direction of the Communications Manager, this position assists with coordinating and implementing the City’s internal and external communications activities. Also supports all departmental marketing, publications, media releases and general/media relations.
- Assists with coordinating the City’s social media channels, including content creation, the implementation of social media strategies and campaigns, channel monitoring, responding to inquiries, and developing methods of measurement.
- Creates communication materials for both internal and external audiences, including news releases, speeches, reports and articles.
- Supports and coordinates photography, video production, graphics and other design needs relating to City events and activities.
- Manages the production of City newsletters, including developing relevant content, writing/editing news articles, layout and design, and coordinating mailing and/or electronic distribution.
- Promotes the City through various forms of media as needed and directed.
- Keeps current on emerging communication methods. Analyzes and recommends new methods that are consistent with the City’s philosophy and strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or closely related field.
- Two years of responsible work experience in communications or marketing.
- Proficiency in word processing, desktop publishing and graphic design software.
- Photography and video production/editing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of social media platforms.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Three years of progressively responsible work experience in public sector or local government.
- 2022 Pay Range: $71,796.14 - $89,745.17
- Excellent benefits package includes health and dental insurance, PERA pension, 12 paid holidays, and ample PTO package.
Closing Date: Open until filled; first review of applications on May 2, 2022. Interested candidates must submit a standard City of Oakdale employment application, cover letter and resume. The City of Oakdale application can be found at https://www.ci.oakdale.mn.us/249/Employment-Opportunities
Email Application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Holly Wilson, Human Resources Director
1584 Hadley Avenue North
Oakdale, MN 55128
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer