Licensing Clerk/Deputy City Clerk
Oakdale, Minnesota (current population: 28,315) is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Licensing Clerk/Deputy City Clerk.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Process, analyze, evaluate, prepare, and issues city licenses pertaining to Christmas tree sales, fireworks, liquor, massage therapy, pawnbroker, precious metals, second hand goods, peddlers/solicitors, special events, tobacco, used car sales, tree services, mobile food vendor and all city licensing
- Prepares information/reports for City Administrator and City Council regarding licensing
- Assists with city code edits/development relating to licensing
- Creates/edits/maintains web pages and communications related to licensing
- Deputy City Clerk – serves as backup to the City Clerk for all related duties
- Serves as backup receptionist
- Performs clerical duties for City Administrator and City Clerk and other administrative duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Associates Degree in Business or Public Administration or related field preferred
- City Clerk education and certification within two years of hire
- Election certification from Washington County within one year of hire
Salary: $62,020.21 - $77,525.26 per year, plus excellent benefits package includes health and dental insurance, PERA pension, 12 paid holidays, and ample PTO package.
Closing Date: Open until filled; first review of applications on November 12, 2021
Interested candidates must submit a standard City of Oakdale employment application, cover letter and resume. The City of Oakdale application can be found at https://www.ci.oakdale.mn.us/249/Employment-Opportunities
Email Application: email@example.com
Mail Application: Holly Wilson, Human Resources Director
1584 Hadley Avenue North, Oakdale, MN 55128
Candidates must submit to and successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer