Human Resources Director
The City of Oakdale has a great professional opportunity for a full-time Human Resources Director. This newly established position will plan, direct, and provide leadership for various human resources activities for the city. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: employee and labor relations, payroll and benefit administration, policy development and implementation, safety and wellness programs, and employee training and development.
- Oversee recruitment processes and coordinate with hiring managers on the preparation of vacancy announcements, recruitment, application review, interviewing and applicant testing, selection of successful candidates, preparing appointment documents, and onboarding of new employees.
- Oversee labor relation activities including contract negotiation, preparation of proposals and responses, and interpretation and administration of labor agreements.
- Coordinate and administer city insurance programs including: health, dental, life, short and long term disability, and continuation of insurance through COBRA. Work with outside insurance brokers and agents to evaluate coverage rates and levels, and recommend changes as needed. Manages renewal processes and open enrollment.
- Oversee payroll operations and variety of miscellaneous human resources functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Public or Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related fields.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in personnel management or administration.
- Experience supervising professional and technical staff.
Experience working with a governing board, supporting them in evaluating, and directing governmental services.
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in Public or Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related fields.
- Previous experience in public sector personnel administration.
- Three years supervisory experience.
- IPMA, SPHR, CLRP, SHRM, or similar organizational certification or coursework.
Salary: $116,072 to $144,206 per year, plus excellent benefits package includes health and dental insurance, PERA pension, 12 paid holidays, and ample PTO package.
Closing Date: Open until filled, first review of applications: August 20, 2021.
Mail Application to:
Christina M. Volkers, City Administrator
City of Oakdale
1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128
Email Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered, applicants should submit a completed application to email@example.com. If desired, applications may also be dropped off at City Hall, 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128, attention City of Oakdale HR.
Applicants may also submit a cover letter, resume, or reference list, but those items are not required. Applicants should not submit copies of transcripts, certifications, or similar materials for initial review. If additional materials are needed from candidates they will be requested at a later date. Applications may not be considered if they are incomplete upon submission.
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer