Police: Community Services Officer
Do you have a passion for helping people and making a difference? The City of Oakdale, Minnesota may be a great spot for you – we are hiring for a full-time Community Services Officer. This position provides significant assistance to the sworn Oakdale Police personnel by handling a variety of responsibilities such as traffic control during accidents and critical incidents, public assistance at community events, and responding to animal concerns. No shift is the same and our CSOs help meet our goal to partner with the community to prevent, reduce and deter crime while enhancing the quality of life for all.
Successful candidates will have a high school diploma (or equivalent), a valid driver’s license with Minnesota driving privileges and satisfactory driving record and complete a full background check. A psychological and physical test is required upon conditional offer of hire.
Compensation and Benefits: The hiring range is $23.36-$29.20/hour with a comprehensive total rewards package including paid time off, insurance, and retirement contributions.
Anticipated hiring schedule:
- November 21 - Application Review Begins
- November 28 - Candidates Notified of Status
- December 1 or 2 - First Interviews
- December 7 to 9 - Second Interviews
- December 12 - Recommendation for Hire
- December 2022 to January 2023 - Backgrounds and References; Pre-employment Physiological and Physical; Conditional Letter Signed and Returned
- January 24, 2023 - City Council Approval
- February 2023 - Start Date
How to Apply: Complete a standard City employment application, Candidates are encouraged but not required to submit a letter of interest with the application. Completed materials should be emailed to HR@ci.oakdale.mn.us with the subject line: Community Services Officer.
Questions can be directed to HR@ci.oakdale.mn.us or by calling (651) 730-2714.
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer.