Oakdale, Minnesota (current population: 28,315) is currently accepting applications to fill the position of GIS Coordinator.
- Coordinates databases/maps from other agencies (Washington County, Minnesota Department of Transportation, Met Council, Watershed Districts) and integrates them into the City of Oakdale GIS System
- Develops and maintains parcel, special assessment, streets, utilities, and other infrastructure databases and maps, including record drawings of public and private improvements
- Uses GPS (Global Positioning System) equipment and conventional measuring methods for locating and documenting locations of City infrastructure and other assets as deemed necessary
- Assists the Management staff in preparing and making presentations to the City Council or other groups
- Maintains and develops city's GIS infrastructure including server and web applications
- Performs complex data analysis using ArcGIS and extensions to solve complex spatial and relational problems
- Prepares applications for residents to access local government GIS
- Conducts field work to verify locations of infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, GIS, Civil Engineering, Planning, Computer Science/Information Systems, or other related field.
- Three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with computers and a variety of office software.
- Valid driver’s license
- Five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience.
- GIS certification
- 2022 Pay Range: $38.06 - $47.57 per hour.
- Excellent benefits package includes health and dental insurance, PERA pension, 12 paid holidays, and ample PTO package.
Closing Date: Open until filled; first review of applications on May 2, 2022. Interested candidates must submit a standard City of Oakdale employment application, cover letter and resume. The City of Oakdale application can be found at https://www.ci.oakdale.mn.us/249/Employment-Opportunities
Email Application: email@example.com
Holly Wilson, Human Resources Director
1584 Hadley Avenue North
Oakdale, MN 55128
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer