Oakdale, Minnesota (current population: 28,315) is currently accepting applications for the position of a full-time Firefighter/Paramedic.
Primary responsibilities include response to emergency medical calls, and to protect and save life and property through effective firefighting and rescue work. Position also performs fire prevention and inspection duties, equipment and facility maintenance, and other fire duties as directed.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age on appointment date.
- State of Minnesota Fire Fighter License, or ability to obtain during probationary period.
- Hazardous Materials Response: (NFPA 472) Haz-Mat Operation Level.
- Must possess valid Minnesota driver’s license and be insurable.
- Must maintain a forty (40) minute or less travel time from primary residence to an Oakdale Fire Department station.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a firefighter (volunteer, paid-on-call, full time, or military).
- National Registry Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic (EMT-P) certificate.
Desired qualifications include:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Fire Science.
- Knowledge of state fire codes.
- Experience with fire inspection programs.
- Local Hazard Zone Management Certification (Blue Card).
- State of Minnesota Fire Apparatus Operator Certification, or equivalent as determined by Fire Chief.
If selected, candidates must be able to successfully complete or obtain:
- Physical ability test, physical examination, drug screen, and pulmonary function test.
- Favorable recommendation following a psychological evaluation.
- Background check.
2022 Pay Range:
- Firefighter/Paramedic: $31.31/hour
Closing Date: Interested candidates must submit a standard City of Oakdale employment application, cover letter and resume no later than 4pm on Monday, August 15, 2022. Applicants should not submit copies of transcripts, certifications, or similar materials for initial review. If additional materials are needed from candidates, they will be requested at a later date. The City of Oakdale application can be found at https://www.ci.oakdale.mn.us/249/Employment-Opportunities
Email Application: email@example.com
Mail Application: Holly Wilson, Human Resources Director
1584 Hadley Avenue North
Oakdale, MN 55128
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer