Senior Community Development Specialist
Oakdale, Minnesota (current population: 28,315) is currently accepting applications to fill the position of full-time Senior Community Development Specialist - Economic Development and Housing.
- Creates, administers and coordinates economic development policy, programs and activities related to implementing the Comprehensive Plan’s Economic Development, Housing, and Neighborhood chapters
- Collects and analyzes data on housing activities, markets and related topics including employment trends, transportation, and social services.
- Administers economic development programs
- Assists with housing and commercial redevelopment projects
- Monitors National, State, Regional, and County housing legislation and programs for opportunities to improve housing programs in Oakdale.
- Administers City housing loan programs, to include, but not limited to Housing Improvement Area program, and grant and loan programs.
- Prepares, and performs presentations to promote neighborhood initiatives, connects residents with City services and communicates with residents in person, website, and newsletter.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Economic Development Commission
- Serves as primary support for the City Planner and Planning Commission
- Evaluates current land use and development proposals for compliance with City Ordinances and policies. Coordinates plan review with other departments.
- Responds to inquiries regarding business opportunities and provides information to prospective businesses regarding available land, City incentive programs, zoning regulations, taxes and other information as requested.
- Assists in the development of long-range plans and action plans for economic development and coordinates activities to implement the plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Housing, Economic Development or closely related field.
- Two years of responsible public sector or related work experience in planning, housing or economic development.
- Experience with computers and a variety of office software. (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Housing, Economic Development or closely related field.
- Three years of progressively responsible public sector work experience in planning, housing or economic development.
Salary: $75,385.94 - $94,232.43 annually, plus excellent benefits package includes health and dental insurance, PERA pension, 12 paid holidays, and ample PTO package.
Closing Date: Open until filled; first review of applications on April 18, 2022.
Interested candidates must submit a standard City of Oakdale employment application, cover letter and resume. The City of Oakdale application can be found at https://www.ci.oakdale.mn.us/249/Employment-Opportunities
Email Application: email@example.com
Holly Wilson, Human Resources Director
1584 Hadley Avenue North
Oakdale, MN 55128
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer