Public Works Maintenance: Utilities Division (FT)
The City of Oakdale is accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Worker in the Utilities Division of the Public Works Department, 1900 Hadley Avenue. Under the general direction of the Utilities Superintendent, this position reads and records meter information, responds to work orders and complaints, performs various utility locates, maintains gate valves, and any other operational and maintenance programs for the city's water, sanitary sewer, and street lighting systems, in a manner that will assure the safe, economical, and efficient operation of these systems.
Specific duties include:
- Read, record, and report residential and commercial water meter information.
- Install, service, and shutoff water meters as needed.
- Perform utility locates for utilities division, Gopher State One Call, or other entities.
- Locate curb stops and update tie cards.
- Maintain, operate, and update gate valves.
- Assist other divisions of the Public Works Department as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Class A Minnesota driver’s license with no restrictions and a driving record acceptable with the city insurance carrier.
- Relevant work experience in water and/or sewer maintenance
- Must possess Class D water/waste license within one year of hire.
Pay: Starting of $22.58 per hour DOQ; with scheduled steps to a max of $31.80 per hour, plus excellent benefits
Closing Date: Open until filled, with priority given to applications received by Friday, June 4, 2021, 3:30 PM
Applications can be obtained by visiting www.ci.oakdale.mn.us/employmentopportunities. In order to be considered, applicants should submit a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org . If desired, applications may also be dropped off at City Hall, 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128, attention City of Oakdale HR.
Applicants may also submit a cover letter, resume, or reference list, but those items are not required. Applicants should not submit copies of transcripts, certifications, or similar materials for initial review. If additional materials are needed from candidates they will be requested at a later date. Applications may not be considered if they are incomplete upon submission.
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer