2021 Medallion Hunt clues
The first clue for the 2021 Summerfest Medallion Hunt will be posted on Monday, June 21, 2021.
Finder of the medallion claims a $500 prize! The Summerfest Medallion Hunt is sponsored by the Oakdale Area Chamber of Commerce (OACC).
- Medallion is located on public property (but never in Walton Park) and accessible via public property, so no need to go onto private property.
- Medallion is located where the finder does not need to swim, dig, or disturb landscaped areas or planters.
- The following persons are not eligible to participate in the medallion hunt: members of the Oakdale Area Chamber of Commerce (OACC) and their immediate family members, elected officials, employees, and commissioners of the City of Oakdale and their immediate family members.
Things to know:
- Clues are revealed below at 8 AM each day; a total of five clues. You may also retrieve clues by calling the clue hotline: 651-734-2615.
- When the medallion is found, notification will be posted on the city website and electronic signs.
Posted Monday, June 21
Indeed, 2020 gave us great pause,
But now we’re back amid much applause.
The City and Chamber missed you a ton,
So now it’s time to get on with the fun.
Fun and adventure are meant to string you along,
Including the title of a nearly 50-year-old song.
If you’re up for the challenge and invest a little time,
Remember: there’s no need to swim, dig, or climb.
Posted Tuesday, June 22
For the past 30 years, his mission: Safety.
So now we’re compelled to offer a decree.
It is hereby proclaimed that for all Bill has done,
We honor him in a clue because he’s second to none.
We further proclaim as his time is now brief,
Sit back and relax and welcome the new chief.
From toddler to adult, exploration is in our genes,
Visiting all our great parks is part of our nature it seems.
And one sure way to make a child’s face gleam,
Is to imagine that prize money fulling some dream.
Posted on Wednesday, June 23
As a searcher you may think these clues are simple to write,
Still, each year those crafty medallion hunters grow increasingly bright.
Often a park, yet there’s no guarantee,
Where that small plastic disk may actually be.
From Titan in the south to Golfview in the north, Eagle Ridge in the east and Preservation west,
These clues may frustrate and confound in your ultimate quest,
Many a foot will step incredibly near,
Passing by quickly never knowing it’s here.
Clue #4 will be posted on Thursday, June 24, at 8AM.
Clue #5 will be posted on Friday, June 25, at 8AM.