Right of Way Permits

The City requires that work within the Right of Way (ROW) be performed by a company authorized as a public utility by the MN Public Utilities Commission (MPUC), and that the company submits a registration form to the City (form available below).

A right of way permit is required for any of the following:

  • Placement of equipment (e.g.; cabinets, pedestals, etc.)
  • Placement of facilities (e.g.; cable, gas, electric, fiber optic, etc.)
  • Obstruction of a driving or parking lane.

***Contact the City’s Engineering Technician once a proposed route has been marked.***

Apply by completing the application, below:

Register as a ROW Owner or Contractor

Notice to Excavators and Operators (MN Statute)

Map of 2016-2017 ROW Permits