- Individuals applying for scholarship must reside in the City of Oakdale.
- To qualify for assistance, families with school age children must qualify for the free or reduced school lunch program under the guidelines as developed by School district Number 622 and provide a copy of their acceptance with their application to Oakdale Recreation. Families with only preschool age children need only express the need for assistance in order to participate
- Scholarships will be awarded on first come first serve basis.
- Scholarship recipients may register for only one activity per season. This will allow everyone an equal opportunity to participate in the Recreation Department programs.
- There is no limit to the number of scholarships any individual or family can receive per year. However, the Oakdale Recreation Department does reserve the right to limit scholarships for those programs with limited registration.
- Scholarships will only be awarded for individuals 17 years of age or younger.
- A scholarship will provide a 2/3 reduction in the price, with the participant paying 1/3 of the program fee to Oakdale Recreation Department for each program. no other discount will apply. The refund policy would remain in effect with no refunds after the start of the activity, and a $5 service fee charged for the cancellation prior to the start of the activity.
- The Recreation Department will be scheduling quarterly volunteer workdays where "credits" can be earned for recreational program fees. These "credits" can be used for the 1/3 cash payment for full registration if you do not qualify for the student lunch program.
- Scholarship applicants must fill out a scholarship application form and return it to the Oakdale Recreation Department office along with their program registration and program fee due (1/3 of the set fee).
- A short note of thanks forwarded to the mayor and City Council, 1584 Hadley Avenue North, Oakdale, MN 55128, would be appreciated.
- For further information on this program, please feel free to contact our Customer Services Representative. This information will be kept strictly confidential.
View Program Scholarship Application Form (PDF). Please print off this form, fill it out, and bring it to the Oakdale Discovery Center, 4444 Hadley Avenue. If you have questions please call 651-747-3860.