Grilling & Turkey Fryers
- Single family homes have no restrictions where grills may be located. Common sense dictates that they be situated outdoors and several feet away from any structure.
- Apartments and Multi-Family Housing: Check with your management company to learn where grills may be located.
- View Grilling Safety Tips (PDF)
- Make sure there is at least two feet of space between the liquid propane tank and fryer burner.
- Never use a propane fryer in, on, or under a garage, porch, deck, or any structure that can catch fire.
- Cover any of bare skin when adding or removing food from the fryer.
- Completely thaw and dry turkey before placing it into the fryer.
- Check oil temperature frequently; if oil begins to smoke, immediately turn off gas supply.
- If fire occurs, call 911 immediately; do not attempt to extinguisher the fire with water.