All building and related permits ensure that projects will be constructed according to nationally recognized standards. The standards are designed to protect buildings from collapse and fire, and to ensure the safety of all building occupants. Review of permit applications also ensures that projects meet zoning requirements, such as yard coverage, setbacks and building height.
A selection of permits, such as residential plumbing, mechanical, building re-siding, re-roofing and window replacements can be issued at the time of application. Other residential and commercial permit applications may take up to five working days or more to process. Applications for permits should be submitted well in advance of the scheduled starting date. This will allow time for City staff to offer assistance through the process and issue permit at the start of the project. This is especially true during the summer construction season.
Please return completed applications via Email Building Inspections or fax 651-730-2820.
Roofing & Siding
Pictures of ice and water for roofing and pictures for house wrap for siding should be sent to Email Building Inspections.
- Backflow Preventer Device and Test Application (PDF)
- Building Electrical Permit Fees (PDF)
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Building Permit Fees (PDF)
- Commercial Parking Lot Application (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Driveway Application (PDF)
- Electrical Inspection Permit for Non-Dwellings and Multi Family Dwellings (PDF)
- Electrical Inspection Permit for One and Two Family Dwellings (PDF)
- Fence Installation Permit (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler / Alarm Permit Application (PDF)
- Grading / Filling Permit Application (PDF)
- Lawn Sprinkler / Irrigation Permit (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Installation Permit (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Owner Electrical Permit Disclaimer (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Storage Tank Installation/Removal Permit Application (PDF)
- Structure Relocation Procedure (PDF)